This list showed up on my Facebook feed several times, and different parts of it have stayed with me since I first read it. As I contemplate the past year as 2011 is slowly winding down, I want to share these 30 things with all of you.
- Stop spending time with the wrong people
- Stop running from your problems.
- Stop lying to yourself.
- Stop putting your own needs on the back burner.
- Stop trying to be someone you’re not.
- Stop trying to hold onto the past.
- Stop being scared to make a mistake.
- Stop berating yourself for old mistakes.
- Stop trying to buy happiness.
- Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness.
- Stop being idle.
- Stop thinking you’re not ready.
- Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons.
- Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work.
- Stop trying to compete against everyone else.
- Stop being jealous of others.
- Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself.
- Stop holding grudges.
- Stop letting others bring you down to their level.
- Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others.
- Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break.
- Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments.
- Stop trying to make things perfect.
- Stop following the path of least resistance.
- Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t.
- Stop blaming others for your troubles.
- Stop trying to be everything to everyone.
- Stop worrying so much.
- Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen.
- Stop being ungrateful.
Of course, some of these resonate more strongly with you than others, depending on your current phase in life.
Read through them all again – s.l.o.w.l.y. – then choose the three that resonate most strongly with you. If you like, share (and explain) your choices with us).
Here are my choices:
- # 12
- # 26
- # 29
I’ll be back to explain my choices next week…