- Do you call yourself a feminist – or do you shy away from “The F-Word” like a vampire shies away from garlic?
- Do you follow Alice Walker’s example and think of yourself a womanist instead?
- Or do you believe that the biggest part of that particular battle has already been fought and it’s time for us all to simply move on?
No matter on which side of this discussion you fall, you are invited to join me with my guest, writer and blogger Minna Salami, as we discuss the role and importance of female liberation for women of African descent living and working in Europe.
Minna – who was born in Finland, grew up in Nigeria, studied in Sweden, lived and worked in both Spain and New York – is currently completing her MA in Gender Studies at SOAS University in London. A woman who is not in the least afraid to speak her mind, Minna’s writing (her blog is called MsAfropolitan) covers a spectrum of topics including the African Diaspora, Race and Feminism.
- Topic: The Other “F-Word”
- Special Guest: Minna Salami (writer and blogger)
- Date: 15 March 2011
- Time: 7.30 pm CET // 1.30 pm EST
- Duration: Approx. 60 minutes
- Dial-in*: +1-724-444-7444 (Call I.D. 95377)
- URL*: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/95377